Monday, September 19, 2011

Owl City - Tilburg 15/09/2011

Let me tell you, Adam Young is a genius.


On Thursday the fifteenth of September, my sister and I went to Adam´s concert in Tilburg.
I took the train directly from school to Utrecht where my sister had been waiting for me for over an hour. We were both really excited so we didn´t mind all the travelling. We took the train to Tilburg and bought some fries there. There were pianos all over the town due to some kind of festival and while eating our fries we listened to some guy playing a symphony or something. I don´t know what he was playing, but it was fast and very good. We walked to the 013 concert hall and waited for another hour.

At around 7:30 pm the doors opened and we walked in. At the merchandise I bought a blue tee saying ‘All Things Bright And Beautiful – Owl City’ and I love it!
My sis and me

The guy that performed before Owl City was Unicorn Kid. We didn’t expect him to be on his own, but he just stood there, blue-haired, with a laptop and a keyboard. He was so hyperactive that I kept on thinking ‘please don’t fall’ or ‘oh no something is going to happen!’. Luckily all that happened was that he kept knocking over his microphone and standard.

The hyperactive 'Unicorn Kid'


Then Owl City itself came! The show started with fake lightning and a stormy sound. It felt like there was a thunderstorm outside. Owl City came with an entire band. They had drums (which Adam Young himself played aswell as the guitar), violin and cello. Adam played the electric guitar and the girl of whom I keep forgetting the name played keyboard.
Adam Young is a really sweet guy. He kept saying that he was happy to be here (every performer says this, but it still feels like they mean it. They probably do mean it. They are happy to be everywhere. Without us they would be nowhere!). He could actually sing too. It sounded just lovely. With the violin and cello the whole sound was really amazing.
Pictures were made with Ipod Touch, sorry for that


Unfortunately I had to go to school the next morning. We got home at about two in the morning and I had to get up at six. I had to go to school by train from Utrecht, which is an hour's drive. Of course I had to get to the train by bus, which takes about half an hour too.

It was all very exhausting, but I loved it any way. Thanks sis, for the amazing birthday present!

Love, Mia

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written and not a wee bit exaggerated, of course. Thanks for posting my face on the internet :P.
    Owl City Rocks

    xx Mayke

    ReplyDelete