Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Style inspiration: Ginnifer Goodwin


Hey guys!

A few days ago I started watching the series Once Upon A Time. I love the classic fairy tales like Snow White and Cinderella. I love princesses and dresses and crowns and chivalrous princes. So I thought I'd give it a shot.

The story is basically about all the fairy tale characters who were cursed by the Evil Queen, Snow White's stepmother. This curse stole away all the happy endings as a revenge on Snow White. Now all the characters are stuck in the real world in a town called StoryBrooke, where time stands still. No one remembers who they were in fairy tale land.

One of these characters is, as you might have guessed, Snow White. Gennifer Goodwin plays her and her real life 'twin' Mary Margaret Blanchard. As a kind and honest school teacher she is just like you'd imagine Snow White; a sweet, delicate and pale girl with dark hair. The way she dresses is perfectly balanced with this image we have of Snow White.

First of all her hair. It's perfect. It's dark, thick and beautiful like Snow White's, but it is short and modern to represent a Snow White-like girl in our reality.





In the show Mary Margaret wears the most beautiful clothes. Every time she appears on screen I want to just point and yell 'I WANT THOSE SHOES' or 'THAT SHIRT IS SO AMAZING'.














All the screen caps are from season 1, hopefully without any major spoilers and from The Ginnifer Goodwin fan site. I couldn't add too many pictures, because I didn't want to spoil anything for you, in case you want to watch it. I hope you do, though, it's filled with imagination and beautiful sceneries.

Love,
Mia



No comments:

Post a Comment